The checkout process involves steps to complete the purchase of a product or service
The checkout is the most sensitive part in the shopping experience and the rate of shopping cart abandon is an important indicator for problems found in the checkout
Here is a standard checkout process that is normally used by ecommerce businesses.
- 1. Shipping address is entered in a form.
- 2. Shipping method is selected.
- 3. Payment method is selected.
- 4. Items are reviewed in the shopping cart.
- 5. Order is confirmed and payment is made.